Round 1 – Online Application, Recordings, and Video StatementBrad Haubrich | Thursday October 8, 2020
- Online application and accompanying recordings and video statement due by the deadline of April 1, 2022 (5:00PM EST). Please read Audio and Video File Repertoire Requirements before applying.
- Due to the challenges that performers are facing in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as in an effort to make the application process accessible to all aspiring candidates, there is no application fee to apply this season.
- Applications and audio files are screened anonymously and scored by an independent panel.
- Feedback cannot be provided from Round 1.
- Applicants advanced to the Round 2 will be notified by April 22, 2022.
- Applicants will be adjudicated on the basis of their musicianship, creativity in programming, and personal presentation.
- Please note, for all musicians who are advanced to Round 2: Astral requires proof of vaccination for all auditionees participating in the live in-person auditions, as well as panelists, and staff. These guidelines are subject to change and will be based on the latest health and safety requirements and recommendations in the City of Philadelphia.