Program & Community Partnerships ManagerAstral | Thursday July 5, 2018
We are looking for a full-time Program & Community Partnerships Manager to oversee Astral’s service learning programs and artist-developed projects. This position will have a high degree of responsibility running Astral’s education and community engagement programs in schools and adult care communities.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent project manager and will have experience working with senior staff to produce results in a timely manner. S/he will be community oriented, a progressive thinker, and have experience working in education, especially in the area of lesson plan/curriculum design. The ideal candidate will care deeply about developing artist citizens and will have a background in the performing arts, preferably in classical music.
A fundamental component of this position will be to bring programmatic ideas and evaluation matrices to the table, all within the constructs of outstanding project management. Reporting to the Director of Concerts & Artist Services, the Program & Community Partnerships Manager will be part of a close-knit team and will be a vital part of Astral’s program development and delivery. Evening and weekend hours to attend Astral programs is a requirement of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Concerts & Artist Services:
• Actively participate in mentoring artists in their service learning activities and professional development
• Manage scheduling and correspondence with Astral’s partner schools and adult care communities
• Attend in-school and community partner programs to ensure quality delivery
• Manage Astral’s homestay program for out-of-town artists
• Help manage artist-developed projects and prepare them for promotion through Astral’s bookings program
• Help identify new opportunities for artists to create social impact through their art
• Help develop evaluation metrics
• Assist with developing annual budgets
• Handle complex project management with appropriate technology and time management strategies
• Prepare progress reports and adhere to deadlines, budgets, and program deliverables
• Assist with Astral’s annual National Auditions
• Maintain detailed and sharable records for artist and community partner correspondence, meeting notes, scheduling, and program deliverables
• Consult with the Artistic Director and Executive Director to develop school residency and community partnership curricula
• Work closely with the Director of Institutional Advancement to prepare materials for grants
• Work closely with senior staff to prepare board and committee reports
• Maintain superior professional communications
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred; five or more years of related work experience; outstanding professional communication, superior organizational, project management, and collaborative skills; proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases is a requirement of this position. Knowledge of Airtable and PatronManager (Sales Force) a plus. Knowledge of classical music is strongly preferred. Evening and weekend hours are required to attend concerts and special events. Valid driver’s license is required.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Julia Rubio, Executive Director. firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is August 3rd 2018 or until the position is filled.
Compensation & Benefits
Generous health and dental benefits for employees; generous vacation package. This is a full-time, exempt position.
It is the policy of Astral Artists, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.