Round 2 – Semifinal AuditionBrad Haubrich | Thursday October 8, 2020
- Auditions will be conducted via newly recorded video submissions. This video may not exceed 20 minutes in duration and should consist of a single, uninterrupted take with no edits to either audio or video. These videos will remain private and will not be shared with anyone except the jury.
- All applicants who advance to Round 2 will be offered optional access to a free one-on-one coaching session with Astral’s A/V production associate who can assist each applicant in presenting the best possible audio and video quality for this recording.
- Please see Repertoire Guidelines for live audition requirements.
- The independent jury is comprised of esteemed musicians, agents, and leaders in the classical music field. The 2021 Round 2 panelists will be announced in the spring of 2021.
- Applicants will be adjudicated on the basis of their musicianship, creativity in programming, and personal presentation. Applicants will not be evaluated on the space in which they record, or overall video and lighting quality. All judgements will be directed towards the quality of the unedited performance. Applicants should focus on clear audio and video positioning that does not obscure a clear view of the performance.