Frequently Asked Questions
If you are having issues accessing Astral Nova, please reference the frequently asked questions below.
What is a stream?
How do I access Astral Nova events?
For all Astral Nova events, you will receive the link and access code your confirmation email at the time of purchase.
You will also receive a reminder email two hours prior to the event that will contain this link and unique access code.
If you have lost/deleted the email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is the performance password protected?
Yes. Each purchase will be assigned a link and unique access code included in the confirmation email. The unique access code is located directly below the link to watch. Please be advised, if you switch devices or try to log into a second device with this unique link/access code, the player will stop playing on the original device and continue in the newly logged in device. The purpose of this is to maintain the financial integrity of a ticket purchase.
Can I view this content offline?
Unfortunately not. Currently, Astral Nova events need to be streamed via a reliable internet connection.
How do I view the performance on my mobile or tablet?
Virtual performances are accessible by any internet connected device (computer, tablet, or mobile) and can be viewed by opening the link provided in the confirmation email in any web browser app. The video player auto-scales to your screen size, so your viewing is always optimized.
How do I view the performance on my TV?
Virtual performances must be viewed in a web browser, whether that is on your computer, tablet, mobile device, or smart TV.
For best practices on streaming to your TV, see device specifics below:
Apple TV/Airplay: First, make sure both your Apple devices are on the same WiFi network. It is recommended to open and begin watching the video on your selected Apple device and then click the airplay icon in the top right corner of the video to cast the video to your Apple TV.
Smart TV: If your TV has a web browser app, it is recommended to log into your email account first on your TV. Next, open the email containing your show specific link and click the button link to watch. This should open a new window, pulling in your unique access code and the video player. The video should start automatically, if not, click play.
Amazon Fire Stick: In order to watch on with your Amazon Fire Stick, you must first download the free browser, Amazon Silk.
- Download App: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-Amazon-Silk-Web-Browser/dp/B01M35MQV4
- Using this browser, log into your email and open the show specific link and click the button link to watch. (You may need to click the request desktop site in the top menu to read the whole email.)
- Allow the browser to leave the page.
- This should open a new window, pulling in your unique access code and the video player. The video should start automatically, if not, click play.
Roku: First, make sure both your mobile device and Roku device are on the same WiFi network. In order to watch on your Roku device, you must first download the following app on your mobile device for $4.99 and follow these steps:
- Download App: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/150902/mirror-for-roku
- Add the Mirror for Roku channel to your Roku device and then open the channel.
- On your mobile device, open the Mirror for Roku app and mirror your device to your Roku device.
- Open the link from your email in your mobile browser, rotate your device and click play to watch it full screen. Turn the volume off on your mobile device to enjoy!
These best use practices do not recommend using Chromecast at this time.
Who do I contact if I have problems with the service?
Please contact us at email@example.com for any troubleshooting or issues with Astral Nova. As Astral staff are working remotely, you may call and leave at message at 215.735.6999 and we will respond as soon as possible. Astral staff will be remotely available two hours before and during all Astral Nova events.